Welcome to SEFCE
SEFCE stands for the South East Faculty of Clinical Educators and members are any clinical teaching/training staff across South East Scotland.
SEFCE is a partnership between the three regional Health Boards in SE Scotland [Lothian, Fife, Borders], the SE Scotland Deanery of NHS Education for Scotland, University of St Andrews Medical School and the University of Edinburgh Medical School.
The aim is:
- to share and coordinate our approach to training and accrediting our teachers and trainers;
- to improve the quality of medical teaching and training through faculty development across the South East Scotland area; and
- to facilitate the management issues such as the delivery of teaching/ training and job planning.
We do this by sharing a very successful Clinical Educator Programme (CEP) and other courses, biennial symposia, and by making sure that leaders in postgraduate and undergraduate spheres meet regularly through the SEFCE Board.
SEFCE aims to hold at least one Symposium every two years, to which all SEFCE members will be invited to attend.
- SEFCE Symposium 2019 - Videos Now AvailableYou can now watch the SEFCE 2019 Teaching Awards and Vybarr Cregan-Reid's keynote lecture from the SEFCE Symposium 2019 by clicking on the link:- &nbs...
- We're now using Twitter for sharing all our latest news!To keep up to date on events, award nominations and all important news from CEP and SEFCE, please follow CEP on Twitter @CEP_UofE.
- Withdrawal of London Deanery online modulesThe London Deanery online modules which we signpost you to (particularly to cover Framework Areas 4-6) have been withdrawn and migrated over to the ne...